General Routine Requirements:
- Be sure to follow the music guidelines listed on usacheer.org.
- CHEER:All teams will compete on a 54’ x 42’ springboard floor.
- DANCE: All teams will compete on a ’42 x ’42 Marley Floor, placed on a carpeted spring floor
Warm Up Area:
- 54’ x 42’ Carpet bonded full floor
- 42’ x 12’ (Minimum) Double Wide Tumble Strip
- Dance Teams will have the opportunity to warm up skills on a Marley surface, similar to the competition floor
- Musical Player Provided ( CD/MP3 Compatible) for full floor run through
Traditional Cheer Routine:
- All teams may perform a maximum of 2.5 minutes (minimum 2 minutes) including any or all of the following; cheer, dance, tumbling, and building to best showcase their team’s abilities.
- Recreational and Scholastic Cheer Teams may select to perform their entire routine to music
- Elite Reserves the right to ADD, DELETE, COMBINE OR SPLIT divisions in the interest of the competition
High School Cheer
Varsity Grades 9-12
For all categories: Small 12 & Under, Medium 13-16, Large 17-20, Super Large 21-30
Mount Small, Medium, Large, Super Large, Co-ed (2 or more males)
Non-Mount Small, Medium, Large, Super Large, Co-ed (2 or more males)
Non-Gymnastics Small, Medium, Large, Super Large, Co-ed (2 or more males)
Junior Varsity 7th-12th grade Mount, Non-Mount, Non-Gymnastics
Junior High Grades 7,8,9 Mount, Non-Mount, Non-Gymnastics
Middle School Grades 6,7,8 Mount, Non-Mount, Non-Gymnastics
Elementary 6th Grade and Below Mount, Non-Mount, Non-Gymnastics
Game Day Routine
The Game Day Routine’s focus should be on crowd involvement. This routine will consist of three sections: a sideline, a traditional cheer (timeout or floor), and a musical portion (band dance, band chant, fight song, etc). Each section should be no more than 1 minute for a total time not to exceed 3 minutes. Any incorporation of tumbling or building should be used to enhance the crowd leading of the routines, but is not required. The score sheet will consist of a section for the cheer/sideline and a section for the musical portion.
Junior High Game Day 9th grade and below (male/female) maximum 30 members
Junior Varsity Game Day 7th to 12th grade (male/female) maximum 30 members
Varsity Game Day 8th to 12th grade (male/female) maximum 30 members
All Dance divisions will be offered in Small (12 and under) and large (13 and over) groups
High School Dance Grades 9-12 Jazz, Pom, Hip-Hop
Middle School/Junior High Grades 9 and Below Jazz, Pom, Hip-Hop
Twerps 6 and under
Mighty Mites 10-12
If you have any questions concerning the safety guidelines or legality of a stunt, pyramid or dance move, please follow the steps listed below:
Compliance with the rules is the coach’s responsibility.
- All correspondence must be in written form. Due to the difference of interpretation and terminology, no phone calls will be accepted with regard to this matter.
- Send a videotape which contains the mounting and dismounting of the stunt, pyramid or dance move in question.
- We will review and respond back to you in written form.