General Routine Requirements:
- Be sure to follow the music guidelines listed on usacheer.org.
- CHEER:All teams will compete on a 54’ x 42’ springboard floor.
- DANCE: All teams will compete on a ’42 x ’42 Marley Floor, placed on a carpeted spring floor
Warm Up Area:
- 54’ x 42’ Carpet bonded full floor
- 42’ x 12’ (Minimum) Double Wide Spring Tumble Strip
- Dance Teams will have the opportunity to warm up skills on a Marley surface, similar to the competition floor
- Musical Player Provided ( CD/MP3 Compatible) for full floor run through
- *Please be prepared with an alternative digital back up
Traditional Cheer Routine:
- All teams may perform a maximum of 2.5 minutes (minimum 2 minutes) including any or all of the following; cheer, dance, tumbling, and building to best showcase their team’s abilities.
- Recreational and Scholastic Cheer Teams may select to perform their entire routine to music
- Elite Reserves the right to ADD, DELETE, COMBINE OR SPLIT divisions in the interest of the competition
High School Cheer
Varsity Grades 9-12
For all categories: Small 12 & Under, Medium 13-16, Large 17-20, Super Large 21-30
Mount Small, Medium, Large, Super Large, Co-ed (2 or more males)
Non-Mount Small, Medium, Large, Super Large, Co-ed (2 or more males)
Non-Gymnastics Small, Medium, Large, Super Large, Co-ed (2 or more males)
Junior Varsity 7th-12th grade Mount, Non-Mount, Non-Gymnastics
Junior High Grades 7,8,9 Mount, Non-Mount, Non-Gymnastics
Middle School Grades 6,7,8 Mount, Non-Mount, Non-Gymnastics
Elementary 6th Grade and Below Mount, Non-Mount, Non-Gymnastics
Game Day Routine
The Game Day Routine’s focus should be on crowd involvement. This routine will consist of three sections: a sideline, a traditional cheer (timeout or floor), and a musical portion (band dance, band chant, fight song, etc). Each section should be no more than 1 minute for a total time not to exceed 3 minutes. Any incorporation of tumbling or building should be used to enhance the crowd leading of the routines, but is not required. The score sheet will consist of a section for the cheer/sideline and a section for the musical portion. At the 2019 Battle in the Burgh Game Day competition, announcer will NOT announce the required elements. The order for the Game Day Division will be as follows: 1. Sideline (choice of offense, defense, or other crowd leading sideline) 2. Traditional Cheer (timeout or floor) 3. Musical Portion (Fight Song, Band Chant, Band Dance, etc) Specific Game Day Skill restrictions The following are prohibited in the Game day Division 1. All Tosses 2. Stunt inversions 3. Released Twisting dismounts 4. Single Leg Stunts are limited to liberties and liberty hitches 5. Running Tumbling 6. Standing Tumbling is limited to single skills * * Standing Tuck is allowed. No Standing Fulls. Jump Tumble Connection is allowed.
Junior High Game Day 9th grade and below (male/female) maximum 30 members
Junior Varsity Game Day 7th to 12th grade (male/female) maximum 30 members
Varsity Game Day 8th to 12th grade (male/female) maximum 30 members
All Dance divisions will be offered in Small (12 and under) and large (13 and over) groups
High School Dance Grades 9-12 Jazz, Pom, Hip-Hop
Middle School/Junior High Grades 9 and Below Jazz, Pom, Hip-Hop
Twerps 6 and under
Mighty Mites 10-12
If you have any questions concerning the safety guidelines or legality of a stunt, pyramid or dance move, please follow the steps listed below:
Compliance with the rules is the coach’s responsibility.
- All correspondence must be in written form. Due to the difference of interpretation and terminology, no phone calls will be accepted with regard to this matter.
- Send a videotape which contains the mounting and dismounting of the stunt, pyramid or dance move in question.
- We will review and respond back to you in written form.